Written By: Leighann Clark
The Ambulatory Surgery Center Association was formed when both the Federated Ambulatory Surgery Association and the American Association of Ambulatory Surgery Centers merged in 2008. The ASCA is a not for profit association which “provides advocacy and resources to assist ASC’s in delivering high quality, cost-effective ambulatory surgery to their patients.”
Each year the ASCA hosts their annual conference in major cities nationwide. These conferences allow ASC professionals to meet, develop relationships, network and collaborate with other industry professionals from around the country. As well as gain the newest information for ASC’s through a number of offered classes and workshops in order to improve quality care for their patients.
“ASCA 2015 will be the largest and most comprehensive industry event of the year.” This year there will be over 60 workshops and meeting sessions as well as over 80 exhibitors. Some key points ASCA 2015 will focus on include, but are not limited to;
- Compliance with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration’s standards, HIPAA HITECH, ICD-10, Medicare’s new quality reporting requirements, Medicare’s Conditions for Coverage and accreditation standards.
- Sterile processing and infection prevention.
- Implementing a meaningful, sustainable Quality Assessment & Performance Improvement program.
- Improving contracts and collections.
- Resolving human resources challenges.
Healthcare is an ever evolving market. With patient and center costs continually on the rise and providers eager to provide quality and cost effective care, center professionals must stay abreast on the newest information, ASCA 2015 will provide just that.
Information obtained from www.ascassociation.org